Iems similar to sennheiser HD485 + Ques. about bass in Slayer's song
Dec 29, 2008 at 10:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

HellGuardian

New Head-Fier
hi, im goin to buy my first pair of iems and i wanted to know which iems sound closest to sennheiser hd485 (coz i got 1)...it just needs some more bass...any suggestions? i listen to metal thru ipod classic 80gb...

also, those who've heard slayer's mandatory suicide, i have tried different speakers and heaphones, but im never able to hear the bass guitar like in this video...

(00:48 to 01:10)
YouTube - Slayer - 05. Mandatory Suicide (Rock Am Ring 2005)

i knw the bass has been turned up, but all i heard in original track is the background drums and guitar, the bass is absent...i do want to know if any iems are able to get that bass sound.

thanks a lot...

Jan 1, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #4 of 9
180px-Obvioustroll.jpg

You need some magical headphones that makes the recorded version of the song sound like that particular live version.... No... you cannot be that stupid. You're trolling.

Jan 1, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #5 of 9
mape00, maybe hes not. im not saying he isnt either. but he only has 3 posts. perhaps he didnt know they cant sound the same?

and to answer ur question, im not sure if u want IEM's that allow u to decipher each instrument or just an IEM with more bass. from my own experience. the klipsch image x10's have excellent bass. but also, it depends on ur sound quality of ur own music files. best is FLAC i believe. but if u have lower bitrate, like 128 or 192, then yea u might have trouble hearing some stuff. i noticed a big difference between 320kb killswtich engage song (i forgot which one) and then a 128kb of the SAME song. big difference, the 320 was a lot more clear while the 128 was all jumbled up together. i would go to FLAC, but it takes up wayyy too much space. about 4 times as much as a mp3 file. so yea, it depends on ur music quality too.

Jan 2, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #6 of 9
er im not a troll...and i dont want bass from mp3 file at that level...

i just wanna hear that bass tune...there's not even a hint of that bass from a sub-woofer...the file's 320 kbps mp3...ive also listened to other live versions (Soundtrack to the Apocalypse, 320 kbps), but there also the bass wasnt there...

Jan 2, 2009 at 1:49 PM Post #8 of 9
dont wanna fix it, just wanna know if any others who've heard the song hear that bass riff(even slightly) on their iems and which iems are those...ill get a new iem totally depending on this factor...thanks...

Jan 2, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #9 of 9
You answered your own question, most of the old school thrash metal has a very soft bassline and you need to strain your ears to hear the bass at times. If you want to blame, blame Metallica, they're the ones who started that trend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back