IEMs + RockBox
Feb 5, 2008 at 12:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Lurid

New Head-Fier
I'm trying to rockbox my 3rd Gen iPod mini, and i'm having issues. When I run the auto installer it says that it doesn't detect any iPods, and tells me to make sure the device is in "Disk Mode". I have no idea what that is, nor do I know how to see which mode its in. So any help rockboxing my iPod would be very much appreciated =)

Also, any recommendations for well isolated IEMs in the $100 range? Preferably something that needs no amp (trying to keep my portable setup tiny), with a good sound stage and overall sound for rock. Thanks ^^

Feb 5, 2008 at 1:17 AM Post #4 of 11
I isn't available for that one mate, that link I gave you shows you all the available players which rockbox has been ported to.

The 1st and2nd gen mini's and the 1st gen nano are able to utilise rockbox but the 3rd gen nano isn't, im sorry about that.

Maybe you could lookout for a second hand 1st gen nano to try rockbox out with?

Feb 5, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #5 of 11
Ah damn. Any other options available? If not thats ok, i'm sure they'll come out with a version eventually ^^

Feb 5, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #6 of 11
That's a 3rd Gen Nano, no Rockbox for that yet unfortunately.

Feb 5, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #7 of 11
p.s. to answer your earphone suggestion, I think the etymotic research er6i should be about what your looking for, although they are not very bassy if you listen to a lot of dance and hip hop etc.

They dont need an amp though as ety manufactured them with portable players in mind... that is if they fit the $100 criteria? I dont think they will be much more if they are though?

Feb 5, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #8 of 11
Thanks for the info guys ^^

Without having rockboxed the iPod is iTunes the only option I have when it comes to putting music on my iPod?

Feb 5, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #10 of 11
Thanks! Ordered the Etymotic ER-6i's and rush shipping, hopefully they'll be in soon and I can enjoy my new super small player ^.^ Got to looking and sure there are better, and cheaper, but for the size I really can't complain.... Stupid logic I know, but damn do I love that lil bugger, lol.

Feb 5, 2008 at 2:53 AM Post #11 of 11
lol, unless you're an aspiring basshead, I think you'll enjoy the ER-6i/iPod setup. The iPod has a generally warm sound signature compared to say Creative MP3 players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back