IEMs in $10-20 range? =\
Jul 9, 2011 at 5:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

person135

New Head-Fier
Hey guys I'm looking for a good IEM in the $10-20 range for an upgrade over my apple earbuds. I want to get the BEB 328r but I can't find any on sale right now, so I'm looking at the vmoda bass freq (I like bass
basshead.gif
), but I read that they're horrible, at least according to some users in this forum. Any recommendations? I tried my friend's S4 but it doesn't sound like there's much bass (I guess he hasn't burned them in enough yet?)

thx

Jul 12, 2011 at 4:47 AM Post #6 of 6
I've had the M6 and the S4i. I'd actually put the SQ of those as fairly equal, with the Klipsch just ahead in two categories.

The Klipsch has slightly more upfront mids than the M6, and better treble. But I actually found the M6 more comfortable, I liked their over the ear design. And there was something about the balance of the frequencies of the M6 that I really enjoyed. Very poor build quality though. I've gone through 4 M6's, I would get the iphone version and the mic and remote would fail, then the sound of one ear would cut out. I think if you get the non-iphone version, the QC is better and they last longer.

I lost my S4i within two months of owning them, so I can't speak for their build quality. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back