IEM's | help needed to choose
Oct 31, 2008 at 11:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

keith_correa

New Head-Fier
Help me to buy guys!
I mainly listen to rock and country music on my iPod and am looking to buy a pair of IEMs that do not cost too much cause I'm poor [:~) and cannot afford big priced IEM's.
I'm currently using a pair of EP-630's and after they have been burned in for 100 hours, I like them. They really sound good for their price with decent bass and highs [through the highs do get a tad shrilly at times]. I've got a list of IEMs that fit my budget but cannot choose which one to buy cause I cannot audition before I buy so it's very very difficult for me to compare. The list is:
  1. Skullcandy SC SBW3.5
  2. V-MODA Bass Freq
  3. Denon AH-C551
  4. Radius Atomic Bass
  5. Koss SPARKPLUG
  6. beyerdynamic DTX 50
  7. Sennheiser CX-95
I like good bass [tight not boomy] so based on my type of music which do you guys think [or even know!!!] I should buy?
I know, I know - I should get the Shure SE530 and I promise myself that I will buy those after I win the lottery :) but for now, please help me decide between the low priced ones.

Oct 31, 2008 at 12:16 PM Post #3 of 4
Forgot to mention the SoundMagic PL-30's in my original post. I got them last week and they sounded really tinny. Have burned them in for ~100 hours and though they have improved, their sound quality still does not equate the EP-630's sound. Seems to me - I wasted my money but who knows - after more burn-in they might improve further.

Oct 31, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #4 of 4
+1 for the denon c551

they're my first pair of real (read: non-iBud) phones, and they are great. full rich bass (not boomy IMO) and nice highs as well. great choice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back