IEM's for Xmas.
Nov 25, 2007 at 5:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

infamous16

Head-Fier
So I want to ask for some IEM's for xmas...so I guess I'll just give you a little speach to help you figure out what I should ask for!

-Needs to be Under $200
-Isolating both ways so my gf doesn't complain about hearing my music
-Good for Rock and alternative...but ok for everything. My music taste changes.
-Highs, mids, and lows...all of them have to be there if I am going to listen to everything
-needs to come from amazon, or newegg...nowhere else (no jabon).

thanks.

Nov 25, 2007 at 6:36 PM Post #4 of 8
these should be pretty good for that price range also. but i honestly think the shures are probably better. it just depends on personal preference i guess

Nov 25, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #5 of 8
You should take a look into the super.fi 5 pro's. They suit my needs for the majority of the music I listen to (from rock to hip hop to electronica). Pricewise they generally range from $150-$170. i doubt the compusa sale is still available, but at one point in time the white sf5p's were going for $99 at compusa.

Nov 25, 2007 at 8:59 PM Post #7 of 8
They fit in your ears nicely once you have found the right tips. I find the dual flange tips and the foamies that they come with to work best for me. The sf5p do stick out of your ears, however you can mod them by reversing the wires and they will sit more flat against your ears. Comfort wise, with the foamies I find them to be very comfortable and isolating. Sound wise, I find these to be great for the price.

Nov 25, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaykay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They fit in your ears nicely once you have found the right tips. I find the dual flange tips and the foamies that they come with to work best for me. The sf5p do stick out of your ears, however you can mod them by reversing the wires and they will sit more flat against your ears. Comfort wise, with the foamies I find them to be very comfortable and isolating. Sound wise, I find these to be great for the price.

Yep, I love my SF5 Pros too. They don't have anemic (in my opinion) bass like some other IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back