IEMs for working out
Jan 6, 2016 at 10:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

liquidzoo

1000+ Head-Fier
Trying to find some recommendations.

Source is a Nexus 6 (aka the largest cell phone around...seriously, this thing is bulky to carry). I'm currently using some JVC HA-FR301B IEMs and I like the sound a lot, but I don't like the wires... Makes it awkward to get at my phone.

I'm considering getting some Jaybirds BlueBuds X (bluetooth). They've been discontinued (replaced by the X2), so they're considerably cheaper now than they have been.

I know that bluetooth isn't the best for sound quality, but I'm only using these when working out (running or biking, no gym).

Has anyone heard both of these headphones to compare them? My wife has some and likes them, but I don't want to re-pair them to my phone or stick hers in my ears (my ears have a tendency to make a lot of wax). Any other recommendations? Not looking to spend a bundle (up to $150 probably), just want something that will give me good quality sound for my rides and not really get in the way.

Oh, and something that will stay in my ears. That's important.

Jan 6, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #2 of 2
I'd also like some recs. I loved my MEE M11's for working out... they just stayed in my ears really well and closed off enough outside sound but not enough that I wasn't aware. Would love to find something similar for running. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back