Iems for work
Jan 4, 2019 at 8:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

gazzington

Headphoneus Supremus
hi I listen to all sorts of music such as metal (black and death), classical, jazz and hip hop. I need some iems that I can use for hours everyday at work. They must be comfy and non fatiguing. Any suggestions?

Jan 4, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #2 of 7
I was using the VE smalls at work with the SE cable/Mic. But I don't see them on the site anymore. So unless you wanna buy a used set.

Guess it boils down to how much you wanna spend and how often you take them out of your ears during the day. If they are too small it might be annoying to take out and put in constantly.

Jan 4, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #3 of 7
Does that mean it's more about comfort than audio quality?
I personally bought Campfire Andromeda's two years ago and I use them daily as a software developer.
However for some people this is a comfortable one, for others it's terrible.

I think comfort is so subjective, it's probably best to go to an IEM store where you can demo a whole bunch.
Universals that have a great fit are Westone if I recall correctly.
If you love to ram stuff up your ears (very deep insertion), you can always have a look at Etymotic.

Hope I helped :)

Jan 4, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #4 of 7
I find the RHA MA-750 very comfortable and do a good job with various types of metal (death, symphonic, black, atmospheric). I am sure you can improve on the 750's sound. The question that I am asking myself at the moment is how to do so with an equally comfortable set of iems.

Jan 4, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #5 of 7
Thanks all. I am considering pinnacle p1, comets, Olivetti new primacy, ety 3 xl, FLC8N...
I actually have the RHA MA-750 and your right they sound very good. I’m also really looking for an upgrade really but appreciate its hard to cater for someone who likes completely different genres from jazz to metal.

Jan 4, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #6 of 7
Thanks all. I am considering pinnacle p1, comets, Olivetti new primacy, ety 3 xl, FLC8N...
I actually have the RHA MA-750 and your right they sound very good. I’m also really looking for an upgrade really but appreciate its hard to cater for someone who likes completely different genres from jazz to metal.

Sounds like we're looking for more or less the same upgrade then :)

My research list is: massdrop plus, iBasso it01, BQEYZ BQ3, BGVP DMG, 1More Triple Driver, Olivetti new primacy, Moondrop kanas pro.

Here's my thread on my ongoing search:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/advice-on-mid-fi-iems.896715/#post-14694649

Jan 4, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #7 of 7
The IT01s should be high on your list. Amazing value for 200 USD. The hype train has not derailed :).

If you are serious about new primacy, send me a pm. I don't use mine anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back