IEMS for under $30
Dec 26, 2010 at 11:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

iemmustiane

100+ Head-Fier
After owning many pairs of headphones and ending up breaking them, im going to settle on cheap iem's under $30...

what i was considering was the meelectronics m9 and m6's, i have owned both of them...

any other suggestions?

Dec 27, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #3 of 8
I think that by buying cheap earbuds, you will end up in a vicious cycle of re-purchasing. 

You should settle for one decent set of proper IEMs at a higher price point.

Dec 28, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #5 of 8
You can try Mee M6. I just got it today and it sounds pretty good although it's quite bass heavy IEM, but the other freqs are clear making it fun to listen to.

Dec 29, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #7 of 8
I'm in the same boat - looking for some IEM's around the $30 price point.  They'll only be used when I take the iPod on travel for work (on airplanes), so I could use the isolation of IEM's.  Just want something better than the poor-fitting Apple earbuds I got with the iPod, which seem to have no bass whatsoever.  I'm not a huge bass-head or anything, just want more than the stock earbuds.  Sounds like the Mee ones are the way to go, any other thoughts or ideas?  I'd like to steer clear of the UE's - had a pair of their $75 IEM's that lasted me all of a couple months of light use before shorting out on me.  Thanks!

Dec 29, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #8 of 8
The M6 is pretty good, and far better than the m9 in my opinion.  They both are somewhat sibilant, but the m9 is so sibilant to my ears that it's hard to listen to.  The downside is that, at least for me, getting the m6 to seal correctly is a chore.  Apart from the slight sibilance and the fit, they are a pretty solid earphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back