IEM's for under $200
May 25, 2007 at 9:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

irdepesca572

New Head-Fier
I had my er-6i's repaired two times, and they broke again so I have decided to buy some new, better, IEM's. I'm going travelling soon, so I need a pair.

I'm looking at the UE super.fi 5 Pro (about $190 on Amazon). Would this be the best thing for my price range?

I mostly listen to rock, btw.

Are these 'phones sturdier than the eri-6i's? I really hope so!
Does this use filters? Also, how comfortable are they?
Are dual-drivers really better than just a single one?

Thanks.
cool.gif

(sorry for all the questions!)

May 25, 2007 at 11:09 AM Post #3 of 10
ditto to neoufu ... reviews are crazy about the atrio m5s

put an order in for one after considering the e4, er4p and super.fi 5 pros

May 25, 2007 at 2:34 PM Post #5 of 10
X4 on the Atrio M5's.

biggrin.gif

May 25, 2007 at 6:55 PM Post #7 of 10
They have a single, dynamic driver. Most IEMs use balanced armature drivers, because they can be made very small, but it's difficult to make a single balanced armature reproduce a wide range of frequencies, which is why many higher end IEMs use multiple drivers. Dynamic drivers are what is used in most full-sized headphones and can reproduce a wide range of frequencies and have better bass response.

May 25, 2007 at 7:15 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by irdepesca572 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, definitive answer!
smily_headphones1.gif
Ok found the thread here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=234707

Do these have dual or single drivers?

Where can I find them being sold online? I've just seen them on the Future Sonics site for $199.

Ok, I've seen them here for $159. Is this a good place to buy them at?

The cheapest place to get them is that exact site, but you just have to go through their Ebay store page instead of the website.

Go here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/FutureSonics-Atr...QQcmdZViewItem

If you have truly decided to buy these, since this next step is an agreement to buy the product, go ahead and type $130 under "make offer" and wait for them to accept. When they do, you can go ahead and pay with Paypal. The total will be 139.95 with shipping via UPS ground, and they ship and send a tracking number the same day. Remember again that making the offer on Ebay IS a binding agreement with the seller to buy a product so DO NOT make the offer iunless you are sure you want to buy these. I suggest you read though every page of the huge thread on these and decide for yourself from the reviews.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=234707

May 26, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by steaxauce /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They have a single, dynamic driver. Most IEMs use balanced armature drivers, because they can be made very small, but it's difficult to make a single balanced armature reproduce a wide range of frequencies, which is why many higher end IEMs use multiple drivers. Dynamic drivers are what is used in most full-sized headphones and can reproduce a wide range of frequencies and have better bass response.

actually armatures are flatter, but move less air, which is why they require a full seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back