IEMs for those who struggle with fit
Feb 10, 2020 at 9:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Semper HiFi

Head-Fier
I have almost given up on trying to find a set of IEMs that fit my ears. It seems like whatever I end up with, despite trying all the tips, I can never quite get a perfect seal. Even with the best fitting tips it seems like any movement of my head causes the seal to be broken. I have tried many different styles in the up to $300 range. They all manage to work themselves out of my ear canal quite easily.

Are there any particular styles or brands of IEM that are known for sealing well and staying put even when active?

Would it make sense given my history to go straight to a CIEM?

Feb 10, 2020 at 10:25 PM Post #2 of 5
Some questions (just to help me narrow it down)
  1. What tips have you used?
  2. What IEMs have you tried?

Feb 10, 2020 at 11:00 PM Post #3 of 5
I have Shure E2C, Brainwavz R3, and various other less expensive models. Haven't bought anything recently because of my bad experiences so far.

I have tried mostly silicone tips, all different sizes, single double and triple flange, different stiffness and shape. I have also tried a couple different types of foam tips but they did not work for me. I seem to have a similar problem with earplugs, I ordered a variety pack of different styles of the reusable type and there was only one pair that fit decent.

Feb 10, 2020 at 11:39 PM Post #4 of 5
Well other than CIEM, u can consider making custom ear tips? They can be fitted to other universal IEMs but are pricier than normal universal tips (though still cheaper than CIEM).

I've about 20 IEMs at home and the ones that give me the best fit so far are the Westones (small bean shaped shell), though as we all have different ear anatomy, YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back