IEM's For The Gym (and home use)
Oct 10, 2008 at 7:01 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Westone UM2? Apparently, they're not too conducting and microphonic, and they're built well.

I've tried my UM2s at the gym and the wire is a PITA. You run it down your back, and although perhaps I'm just missing how you're supposed to do it, it gets pulled all over the place (and out of my ears) when I'm lying/getting up from weight benches, etc. Other than that it seems like they'd work OK thanks to their good comfort (for an IEM).

Am using KSC-35s right now--but really wish I could get the UM2s to work better because they block more sound. They are not intended to have the cord run in the front though.

Oct 10, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #17 of 19
I use my Atrio M5s with foamies in the gym 4-5 days a week and haven't had problems after tucking the wire down the inside of my shirt. They're probably out of your price range new but you may well be able to find a pair used that's reasonable.

Oct 11, 2008 at 2:46 AM Post #19 of 19
I use Sennheiser CX400's for my fitness rig. Sure they don't sound as good as my other IEMs but if anything were to happen to them I wouldn't be that bothered because they didn't cost that much. Also I don't need to worry about a proper seal they are comfortable and easy to put in and out.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back