IEM's For Rock, Pop and Metal under 40.
Jul 19, 2013 at 11:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TheSilverCrow

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, i'm looking for a decent pair of iem's under 40. These will be used primarily for rock, pop and metal, and jazz.

I'm primarily looking at the Brainwavz M1, The Dunu Trident, the Soundmagic E10's and the RHA MA350's. I can't decide :p

Any other suggestions are open.

I'm also not going to be amping these.

I primarily listen to Bon Jovi, System of a Down, Metallica, J-Pop, Megadeth and Anthrax. Also listen to some jazz once in a while.

Jul 19, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #2 of 6
I just picked up some Koss IL200's for $7. (normally a $40-50 IEM). 

They are super well made, and sound pretty good unamped, but do really well with my sansa routed through my e6. Check out office depot for the sale price (all of them are $7 even if its not marked).

Listened to Kendrick Lamar and Alkaline trio with them. Sound great. I did however do a little adjusting inthe rockbox audio settings. 

Jul 20, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #4 of 6
For around 40 bucks, you might want to look at the VSonic GR02. I haven't heard them so I can't personally comment on the sound, but they've been pretty well-reviewed.

If you want a good cheapie set for under 15 bucks, might want to look at the Ultimate Ears 200. I use them when I travel and they have nice isolation and a fun sound, good for rock and metal. Not fatiguing at all and I don't worry about losing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back