IEMs for my friend < $200
Nov 2, 2007 at 6:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

JAG87

100+ Head-Fier
Hi folks,

My buddy needs some IEMs, he is looking for portability + isolation, so IEMs are the best choice. I have talked to him about comfort and he is willing to try. I asked him how he likes his music to be presented: does he like more bass and less detail in the highs, or more detailed analytical highs and less bass, and he said definitely the latter. So I immediately thought: ER4s. But I never purchase without reading here first, so here it goes: knowing what we know about his taste which would you recommend out of these IEMs:

Shure SE310
ETY ER-4P
UE Super.fi 5
Denon AH-C700
Q-Jays

I have a feeling most people will say ER-4P, I guess I just want reassurance

Thanks in advance guys
etysmile.gif

Nov 3, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #6 of 14
denon c700. not too bassy, very well presented mids and great highs. you might have to play around with tips though.. had problems with the stock tips. detail is definitely there.

Nov 3, 2007 at 12:19 AM Post #7 of 14
thanks for the replies guys, seems like a lot of mixed suggestions.

seems like ER4P are pretty established, but I never heard the denon's and the q-Jays. I am going to add the c700 and the q-jays to the list, and I would love to hear more opinions from you guys.

EDIT
I dont think he will have a problem stretching his budget a bit, if the investment is worth it, but I dont think he will go over 200 for IEMs. I even have hard time doing that, thank god for BST forums
biggrin.gif

Nov 3, 2007 at 4:34 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by athenaesword /img/forum/go_quote.gif
denon c700. not too bassy, very well presented mids and great highs. you might have to play around with tips though.. had problems with the stock tips. detail is definitely there.

x2
etysmile.gif

I've heard the AH-C700 and it's a very impressive headphone, a tribute to the Denon engineers that showed with proper engineering, a dynamic-driver IEM could easily sound just as good as balanced-armature IEM's costing way more than what the AH-C700 costs.

Nov 3, 2007 at 4:39 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by SactoMan101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2
etysmile.gif

I've heard the AH-C700 and it's a very impressive headphone, a tribute to the Denon engineers that showed with proper engineering, a dynamic-driver IEM could easily sound just as good as balanced-armature IEM's costing way more than what the AH-C700 costs.

Mine might be delivered TOMORROW!

If not they will be here MONDAY!

AHHHHHHHH STOP TALKING ABOUT THEM! I can't WAIT!

Nov 3, 2007 at 8:23 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cry Havoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine might be delivered TOMORROW!

If not they will be here MONDAY!

AHHHHHHHH STOP TALKING ABOUT THEM! I can't WAIT!

kudos to you. heh.

Nov 3, 2007 at 8:26 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mimesis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what about atrio m5's?

from what was discussed in the denon thread, the denons seem to have more forward mids. according to the people who've tried them the difference isn't all that great. do take note that the denons might have fit issues with the stock tips, i know i do. in that case you can get UE medium tips or biflanges for your friend, which should fit. then again there are people who've got them fitting perfectly right out of the box so.... anyway, the denons are definitely great for their price. i believe there's another thread where this guy got his for 108 shipped and the vendor has 9 pairs left or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back