IEMs for metal, D2000 sound, ~$300
Jan 6, 2009 at 4:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

dima1109

100+ Head-Fier
All said in the title. I love the D2000 sound, and I want some IEMs to compliment them. If anything, I would love a bit more bass. Also, I would mostly use them on airplanes, so isolation must be good.

Thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 6, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #2 of 2
A bit more bass than the d2000? o_O Anyways, I find my westone 3 to sound pretty similar to my d2000. They both sound great to my ears. However, the W3 is about $100 out of your budget unless you can pick them up used off the FS forums. I believe there is/was a sale on shure se530's for under $300 earlier this week at amazon.com. It could still be going on and it also could be an affiliate (I don't remember the details of the deal because I just skimmed it). There's a thread on the deal somewhere in this forum. I've never actually listened to the se530 but it seems to be received very well around these parts. I'm not sure about how the future sonic atrio's sound with metal, but I've read that they have a lot of bass (both quality and quantity). You could take a look into those also. A few other iem's to note could probably be found near your pricerange are the westone um2 and ultimate ears triple.fi's. Sorry that this is a pretty broad post that doesn't really give you a clear cut choice, but hopefully it helps you narrow down your choices a bit.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back