IEM's for mah Zune.
Jan 1, 2008 at 12:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

infamous16

Head-Fier
So lately I have been using some mellows from walmart, and I really really wan't an upgrade.

-No J-cables
-Sub $150
-Listen to Rock, and alternative stuff. Occassional rap and techno.
-Like them to be comfortable
-Easy insertion
-Rubber tips (I don't like messing with foamies (after mellows))
-Un-amped (but they go through a zune)
-Not from jaben (nothing overseas would be good)
-not from ebay (just don't like dealing with them)

Otherwise I think anything goes.

Was thinking about
-d-jays
-cx500's
-er6i

Thanks alot, hopefully I can get some new IEM's by the end of break!

Jan 1, 2008 at 1:23 AM Post #4 of 15
Jan 1, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #6 of 15
Since you're willing to spend up to US$150, I'd recommend either the Ultimate Ears super.fi 5 Pro or the Denon AH-C700 like the others suggested here. You could go with the Westone UM1, but I'm not sure how well the sound of a single-armature driver IEM sounds.

Jan 1, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #7 of 15
why don't you use the "premium" buds? ha
For that price range, you should definitely check out UE super.fi 5 pro or for best comfort, the Westone UM1 is great (I'd rather get that than the d-jays and er6i at least). CX300 is good but don't consider it much of an upgrade. er6i has bad microphonics (it's too thin) and lacks bass.
SF5Pro (awkward fit) for sound and UM1 for comfort.

If you can wait, klipsch is coming out with new ones at earliest january and jvc has an "air cushion" marshmallow and coming out with a vibrating wood one.

Jan 1, 2008 at 5:03 AM Post #10 of 15
I'd give a vote for the SF5 Pro. It has just the right amount of bass. The fit is great if you do the flipside mod (it makes it stick out of your ear a lot less and fit a lot better). I'm using a Zune > Super.Fi 5 Pro / KSC 75 as my main portable setup.

Jan 1, 2008 at 5:05 AM Post #11 of 15
Hmmm, link to the flipside mod?

Tried searching.

eh found it, idk if I really want to do that. Hate taking that risk of just blowing $100 so dollars and messing it up.

so clean sf5's vs. denon's vs. UM1's

Jan 1, 2008 at 5:51 AM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by infamous16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm, I guess its down to the denon's and the westones.

So what do the westones lack that the denons have?

And are the denon's very comfy?

and zune 30.

The Denons are pretty comfy (I bought and sold a pair, favored the Atrios with my zune, but they are $160). I had Westone UM1s, and really didn't like the sound sig (way too warm, highs recessed), and also didn't like the over the ear wire requirement. I like them wearing IEM wires down, with shirt clip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back