IEMs for hard rock/metal
Oct 2, 2008 at 5:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

homers54321

100+ Head-Fier
I listen mostly to bands such as avenged sevenfold, three days grace, slipknot, chevelle, audioslave and metallica. i also enjoy techno and rap from time to time. what IEMs bring the best out of those types of music? im thinking i need a bass heavy IEM like the atrio m5's. thoughts?

Oct 2, 2008 at 5:31 AM Post #2 of 9
Sleek SA6 is great. Metallica, is about the softest metal I listen to. I listen to some softer rock music like Rush, Van Halen, etc. mainly from the 70's era. I have recently been getting into heavier metal like In Flames and Insomnium. The SA6's do very well with these. The only drawback the SA6's is that you have to be careful with them and use a case if you want to store them in a case. Thanks to someone on here, can't remember who, I store them in my eyeglasses case because I don't like the case Sleek gives you. You have the wrap the cable around a central post and have the ear pieces in their own special slots that only fit them with the medium tips on.

Oct 3, 2008 at 1:35 AM Post #3 of 9
Ask Wilfredo...

While my little guy was introduced to Trance via his Sleek SA6 (remember my initial story about his head beginning to Bop)...he has grown in his appreciation and knowledge of IEM's

For Metal, Wilfredo highly recommends his Klipsch X5's. These little gems provide a nice balance throughout the frequency spectrum, with a warm thump in the lowers (bass). Wilfredo calls them a "must have"

Also high on the list are the UE Super.fi 5 Pros.

Good information to take back to your bread box

Rock On!!!

Oct 3, 2008 at 7:34 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by homers54321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I listen mostly to bands such as avenged sevenfold, three days grace, slipknot, chevelle, audioslave and metallica. i also enjoy techno and rap from time to time. what IEMs bring the best out of those types of music? im thinking i need a bass heavy IEM like the atrio m5's. thoughts?

Saw your sig that u have an UM1. U might wanna get the UM2. They are really good in bass.
dt880smile.png

Oct 4, 2008 at 3:23 AM Post #6 of 9
The SE530 have a nice bass impact IMO. I listen to all that remains, killswitch, B4MV, chevelle, etc through them. They handle it quite a bit better than my 701s =P. May want to throw them up for consideration.

Dave

Oct 4, 2008 at 7:02 AM Post #7 of 9
go for the proven choices, UM2, SE530 and TF10. u want bass? UM2 and SE530 will deliver.

afaik,
Bass quality: se530>um2
Bass quantity: um2>se530

portable amp can refine um2 bass quality.

Oct 4, 2008 at 4:15 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
go for the proven choices, UM2, SE530 and TF10. u want bass? UM2 and SE530 will deliver.

afaik,
Bass quality: se530>um2
Bass quantity: um2>se530

portable amp can refine um2 bass quality.

I tried all those and the Sleeks, but went with Sleeks eventually. It just sounds so much better for metal music. There is this synergy with it that goes so well with metal music, and the rest just doesn't sounds as good for that.

Oct 23, 2008 at 9:51 PM Post #9 of 9
I'm listening to Slipknot's self titled .wav with the shure SE530s and am in angry heaven
100% loverly
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back