IEMs for Fun/engaging/energetic/clear sound
Jan 5, 2016 at 9:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

NaiveSound

Headphoneus Supremus
Something that will make me dance I'm running a mojo with se846 (which are just not for me, not fun or engaging, clear and good base, but not fun by any means)

I want something with a nice Soundstage, and nice imaging, base doesn't have to be great, but definitely spacial 3d effect and clear and engaging.

I can spend no more than 1200$, Virginia doesn't have any shops to try anything out

I've had UE 18 and they were garbage, so not that,

What do you recommend, I may be open to some over the ear hps

Jan 2, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #2 of 6
Give a try with the JH Audio JH13 Pros

Jan 6, 2020 at 1:21 AM Post #3 of 6
Hi @NaiveSound,

I don't know whether I call them fun but I suggest either FitEar Parterre or Meze Rai Penta though subjectively & personally, if given a choice, I rather the Parterre.

Hope you have a great day !

Jan 6, 2020 at 1:35 AM Post #4 of 6
FYI the Hyla CE-5s are fun, clear, exciting and engaging, bass is great but mid is kinda unnatural. If you ever go down to NC I actually can let you try them out lol. Never tried the ier-m9, but sounds like they will meet your expectation.

Jan 6, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #6 of 6
Not to derail the thread...

@LunaVixen,

Honestly, subjectively & personally, there's some difference between IEMs at $1200 vs $100 but not as much as many think & that gap is rapidly shrinking too with each passing day, given the number of chifi out there...

Anyway, iBasso IT 01 is a solid choice for the $ 100 budget, adding BT function is tricky as there are many options if you spend a little more, if you want True Wireless, they are as follows :

Vain Sthlm Move
Helm Audio TW 5.0

Otherwise, just get the IT 01, use it with any of the following :

Fiio BTR 3
Fiio BTR 5
Shure RMC BT2

Hope this is useful.

Feel free to ask more.

Hope you have a great day !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back