IEMs for Filmmaking
Jun 7, 2015 at 6:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

graphicdisaster

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone!

I was wondering if anyone would be able to recommend a set of IEMs that would be ideal for filmmaking and/or audio production.

The two most important features would be good isolation and a very neutral sound signature, so I can adjust sound accurately as necessary. I'd also prefer something that wasn't too fatiguing to listen to.

My price range is around $150 CAD, although it could extend up to $200 CAD if it was a high-quality product that I could invest in and use for the foreseeable future.

I know that a set of reference monitors would be ideal instead of IEMs, but I need something portable and that I can also use with my iPod.

Thanks for your guys' help!

Jun 8, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #2 of 2
The HiFiMAN RE-400 is a decent neutral-sounding earphone but there are reports of build quality-related issues. I'm not owned a pair myself so have no experience of that. With a 1 year warranty I think.

The Final audio Heaven II is half your budget and will be very good for details. 2 year warranty with those. Fairly neural - both models are likely to be easy on the ear in terms of fatigue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back