Iem's for country music
Aug 2, 2007 at 8:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

arnoldsoccer4

500+ Head-Fier
Ok so my stepdad has a new job where he is traveling about every other week. He recently said he is going to look into noise canceling headphones, but I am going to turn him away from those and onto IEM's. I am looking to get him a IEM/Canalphone for $150 or less. Problem is he listens almost exclusively to country, and I have no idea which are best. Isolation is most important here, these will constantly be used on planes. Also, I need to be able to get these at a brick and mortar store such as Best Buy or Circuit City or something. Any help? Shure se210?

Aug 2, 2007 at 8:28 PM Post #2 of 17
Aug 2, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #3 of 17
I heard that Westone is about to unveil a big ole' U-CW Country & Western model here shortly. It's gonna have doves and rind stones on it and come with a genuine hand made leather saddle bag with you initials tooled in it. Save your pennies for that one.

Just kidding
biggrin.gif

I like the idea though.

Aug 2, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #4 of 17
Get him beer cans.

Aug 3, 2007 at 6:21 AM Post #5 of 17
My E4C's played it really well, really strong on the high and mid ranges. You should be able to find them now for less than that, though I don't know at any B&M stores.

Aug 3, 2007 at 7:45 AM Post #6 of 17
how about some hay from the old milk cow?

Aug 3, 2007 at 7:59 AM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by irwando /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My E4C's played it really well, really strong on the high and mid ranges. You should be able to find them now for less than that, though I don't know at any B&M stores.

They used to carry them at Apple Stores. Circuit City has the Shure E2/3c line back in the day as well. Fry's Electronics has them all.
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 3, 2007 at 6:52 PM Post #9 of 17
I use my shure e500s i know they are out of your price range but they make my favourite country songs come alive esp "these darn iems are stuck in my ear" and my particular favourite "the isolation is too darn good (my wife up and left me and i didn't even know it)"
280smile.gif

Aug 3, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
come on with the cow jokes, not everyone who listens to country wears overallls, drives a ford F150 from the 70´s and drinks papst blue label....

really? besides MOST rap, country is the worst genre, there are only a few "country" songs that i've even come close to tolerating just on the radio, and the style wasn't even country.

Aug 4, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by pez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
really? besides MOST rap, country is the worst genre, there are only a few "country" songs that i've even come close to tolerating just on the radio, and the style wasn't even country.

Listen to some Johnny Cash, anyways he drives a Mustang Cobra guys, and he was born in North Carolina so country music somewhat comes with the birthplace, and especially the family of his.

Aug 4, 2007 at 4:22 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

come on with the cow jokes, not everyone who listens to country wears overallls, drives a ford F150 from the 70´s and drinks papst blue label....

Maybe not, but they do have to change the oil on their house every 3,000 miles.

Aug 4, 2007 at 4:22 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

and further...who doesn't like a good joke about "the old milk cow"?

Aug 4, 2007 at 5:19 AM Post #14 of 17
ok, johnny cash was an artist before the genre of country started...so technically he was like an alternative rock/jam band artist

Users who are viewing this thread

Back