IEM's for around $500
Mar 19, 2007 at 3:35 AM Post #3 of 39
I personaly don't have a problem with them, but I have heard of a few problems. What would help is

What Kinds of music to you listen too?
Do you have any preferance of what kind of sound you like?
Do You have an Amp?

Basicly, your choices are the upcoming Westone 3, Ultimate Ears triple.fi 10 Pro, and the Shure e500/SE530.

Mar 19, 2007 at 3:42 AM Post #4 of 39
I'd wait for the Westone 3, targeted towards specifically music listening, $400, should be fresh excellent and new =]

Mar 19, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #5 of 39
Mar 19, 2007 at 5:00 AM Post #7 of 39
spend another $100 and get the custom es2 or another $400 for the UE-10. going custom, to me, was the best decision i could make in terms of IEM's. the UE-10 still amazes me to this day (i've had it for about 3 months).

Mar 19, 2007 at 8:09 AM Post #8 of 39
People complaining about the cable, are you saying that it has poor durability, or that it is uncomfortable?

Mar 19, 2007 at 11:50 PM Post #12 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by tk3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
People complaining about the cable, are you saying that it has poor durability, or that it is uncomfortable?

It's thick, heavy, and the connector in the middle is inconvenient(imo) I liken the connector to a boat anchor.

I found them to pull on my ears. I liked the sound of the e500 but hated the cable.

I now have westone es2 and they are so much better...i know it sounds ridiculous, but SPEND the extra money. They are worth it. customs are awesome.

FYI, I use my es2 only for commuting and travelling.

if you have the loot go for the UE10 perhaps. I find the es2 to give me everything I want, need, or will want or need. I use them straight out of a nano 8gb using 320k files and have absolutely no complaints. An Ultra light, highly isolating, extremely pleasureable commuting package. For critical listening an amp may be called for due to the hiss you'll hear in quiet conditions with music that is not overly loud.

If you can't tell I'm positively thrilled with my customs. They were exactly what I was looking for. $640 for commuting happiness. I find it amusing when people get stressed when the trains get screwed up...if they just relaxed some and listened to music. I get HAPPY because that means I have more time to listen
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 19, 2007 at 11:51 PM Post #13 of 39
triple fi's go for a less but now i'm really thinking of going for customs
tongue.gif
(darn you head-fi) but $550 is all i can afford. Other than the UE 5 somethings what oter customs are there? I wou;dn't have enough for an amp either though, if i went for customs =(

Mar 19, 2007 at 11:55 PM Post #14 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by papermasterarumi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
triple fi's go for a less but now i'm really thinking of going for customs
tongue.gif
(darn you head-fi) but $550 is all i can afford. Other than the UE 5 somethings what oter customs are there? I wou;dn't have enough for an amp either though, if i went for customs =(

90 more and you got the es2. they sound incredible. I think better than the e500 and the super.fi 5 pro I had.

BUT, I'd be totally thrilled with the custom 5cs too I'm sure. The wife wants those now after hearing my experiences with the customs. Too bad she's in Europe till June
frown.gif

edit: i should note I paid 640 TOTAL. Other audiologists may charge more or less. but that is what i paid for EVERYTHING.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back