IEMs for a rap loving college student
Apr 28, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does sound quality even matter for rap? You juse want with boomy bass and no nasal quality to voice. I'd spend less than $100 on a canal set.

so, does thread crapping really matter on the way to headphone supremous? that is a stupid comment from someone who obviously knows nothing about rap. go on chewing your cud.

for cheap, the ne7m is a great phone for rap as it still maintains a bit of speed and stage but is great with bass. the turbine is quite amazing especially for american rap which i am sure you are into. if you want more speed from your rap, amping the turbine or using ety foamies (will give you impression of detail and attack).

also, pfe with foamies (not the supplied type) can be good for rap and are great for vocals. the atrio are a special unit - unparalleled in my experience for bass quality.

Apr 28, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so, does thread crapping really matter on the way to headphone supremous? that is a stupid comment from someone who obviously knows nothing about rap. go on chewing your cud.

for cheap, the ne7m is a great phone for rap as it still maintains a bit of speed and stage but is great with bass. the turbine is quite amazing especially for american rap which i am sure you are into. if you want more speed from your rap, amping the turbine or using ety foamies (will give you impression of detail and attack).

also, pfe with foamies (not the supplied type) can be good for rap and are great for vocals. the atrio are a special unit - unparalleled in my experience for bass quality.

x2, people tend to take rap for what they hear in the first 30 seconds but like all music genre's theres plenty of depth and quality to the music, same can be said about all those screaming heavy metal bands, you may not think theres much vocal quality there but there is, its just another genre of music you either like it or dont.

Apr 28, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #18 of 20
to the OP, ultimate ears super fi 5 pro are a great recommendation!, truely epic for rap and similar genre's, they hit hard and are extremely loud with minimal distortion, you wont be dissapointed, but if you are...soz.

some will steer you towards the EB version but dont be fooled the super fi pro's hit just as hard and are a touch smaller.

Apr 28, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #19 of 20
Second for the Ultimate Ears Super.fi.5 pro...I love them and sound great with rap as well as any other genre. Very musical and not just "make the trunk rattle" bass....If you appreciate the entire rap genre and want to hear good clear music, UE's are great. Obviously, a good quality CD or high bit rate .mp3 is a must or any choice is going to sound crappy. Best of luck in your search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back