IEMs for a child?
Apr 27, 2009 at 7:49 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unless this is a very mature and responsible child I would feel unconfortable giving him/her IEM's. Both from the insertion point of view and from hearing damage. There is also the issue of crossing streets and not hearing the cars.

Wouldn't a KSC35 or Yuin G2A fit the bill better? Just some food for thought.

Totally agree - still very young for such level of isolation from IEM's, and potential hearing damage is a very real issue to consider, IMO.

Apr 27, 2009 at 7:54 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Totally agree - still very young for such level of isolation from IEM's, and potential hearing damage is a very real issue to consider, IMO.

Exactly. Even some grown adults here dislike IEMS/canalphones. How can you assume a kid is going to like shoving them in their ears? Plus there's the health/safety issues.

Totally right about the KSC 75, Best bet is the Yuins-they're black and look like average "throwaway" earbuds. Best bet for a school aged kid.

Apr 28, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #18 of 21
I would say even the Portapros may be a fun 'phone for a child that young to try. I know they are a bit bulky for the type, however it would give the child some nice retro styling as well. The ksc-75s would be awesome and neither are too expensive.

Apr 28, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #19 of 21
All I can say is to make sure that you tell him to be very aware of everything that is around him. In, fact he should probably not wear them while biking, or walking near streets. Also, I dont know what kind of area you live in, but he might be more at risk for robbery if he cannot hear what is around him. Just make him fully aware of how potentially dangerous not being able to hear can be.

Apr 28, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #20 of 21
I got my 12 year old a blue marshmallow fx34. They come with smaller size tips, which should fit an 11 year old. She had a big smile on her face when she heard them. Less than $10 shipped on ebay. The isolation is good when we are on drives. She does not need to turn up the volume too high to drown out the driving noise, and the other people in the car don't hear the sound from the headphones. She does not use them while riding a bike, or anything like that.

Apr 28, 2009 at 7:02 AM Post #21 of 21
JVC Marshmallows or Creative EP-630s. Improvement over stock iBuds + cheap in case of lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back