IEMS for ~$250
Aug 15, 2008 at 6:07 AM Post #16 of 23
Well, the sleeks are sounding better and better now. What's this staple hack? And are the bass+ ports included? And where would be the best place to buy Sleeks from? I noticed their website lists them for $250 but I thought they were $200?

How will the sound compare from my Grado's?

Once again thanks for all the help

Aug 15, 2008 at 6:13 AM Post #17 of 23
I don't know how the SA6's compare with the Grado's as I have never heard them, but the SA6's come with

Bass -, = and +
Treble -, =, + and ++
= is nuetral

The bass + port has a small hole in it and when you stick a staple through it, it opens it up a little more giving it a more full bass sound. It makes it punchier and it sounds really good. The Sleek's come with all of those because they are for customization, so you can make it sound how you want. You adjust them and then the EQ settings on your mp3 player (if needed/wanted) to get the best sound out of it that you want. You can get them for $195 with free Fed-Ex 3 day shipping from soundearphones.com.

Aug 15, 2008 at 6:18 AM Post #18 of 23
Woobies, I was just looking at completed listings on ebay, and it looks like if you look often, you may be able to snap up an se530 for as low as $200. One seller sold two of them NEW at $200. As far as I know, there are no fake se530s yet, and the seller had great feedback, so I would definitely jump on it. I would keep my eyes open if I were you.

Aug 15, 2008 at 6:38 AM Post #20 of 23
Aug 15, 2008 at 7:21 PM Post #23 of 23
There are tons of posts on the SA6, 530s and TF10s (even one comparing all three). I suggest you do some searching and reading. There are several Head-Fiers with both the 530s and TF10s who prefer the Sleeks. I have owned neither of the latter phones, cause they were always too expensive for in-ear phones in my view. My search, as of now, stopped with the Sleeks.

But again, there is information on that question, but you have to read it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back