IEMs for 140 dollar
Dec 25, 2008 at 11:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mierenneuker

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys, thread no 3456 about this I know but I just can't find a good answer
I want buy some earphones, my max budget is around 100 euro's (+/- 140 dollar)
I have the Westone UM1s now but I think there's just something missing in the sound
oh and I listen mainly metal(core) and hardcore
so which options should I consider ?

Dec 26, 2008 at 4:37 AM Post #2 of 7
If you can stand to wait the 1-2 months Amazon UK quotes, I don't think it'd hurt to consider the Etymotic HF5 as an option.

That is, unless you're concerned about having very present bass.

You probably didn't come here to ask the question to wait 1-2 months either.
tongue.gif

Dec 26, 2008 at 5:47 AM Post #3 of 7
If you can find some super.fi 5 pros for your price range, those would be great. Etymotic phones would probably not be the best for metal IMO, as they tend to be very sterile and bass-lacking (or very controlled, detailed, and not very plentiful.) However, I have not heard the HF5, so I can't speak for it..

Dec 26, 2008 at 5:56 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you can find some super.fi 5 pros for your price range, those would be great. Etymotic phones would probably not be the best for metal IMO, as they tend to be very sterile and bass-lacking (or very controlled, detailed, and not very plentiful.) However, I have not heard the HF5, so I can't speak for it..

In my personal experience, I'd say the HF5 has enough bass for metal. From what I understand, it has more bass than any other Etymotic IEM to date.

Dec 26, 2008 at 9:46 AM Post #5 of 7
thats like saying its the skinniest guy at weight watchers,

etys have always championed accuracy and clarity, but might be a bit purist for some,
i would say you should also check out the futuresonics atrios, the warmth and fun might be better for rock and hardcore,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back