iems choice
Jan 21, 2019 at 7:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

gazzington

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi
Im pondering between fh5, ibasso it01s, moondrop kanas pro or something westone or dunu for a black/death/doom listener using a fiio m6. This is for work so comfort is important.
Any help would be appreciated.

I've also been told to consider custom arts fibae 2 but that is stretching my budget. My other thoughts are flares pro 2 or periodic be. The only concern I have regarding them are non removable cables.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #2 of 5
Anyone?

Jan 27, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #3 of 5
Try asking in either the discovery thread or in flinkenicks general discussion thread. Might get some pointers there. If using a fiio dap there might be a bit of synergy with the fiio iems I suppose. I guess at some point you are just going to have to make a decision and pick one. Might help to post your budget as well (guessing sub £400?).

Also not sure how close to Bristol you are but there is the Bristol hifi show 22-24 february, with amp3 attending. They may well have some iems on demo that you could try for your self?

Good luck.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2019 at 1:06 AM Post #4 of 5
Try asking in either the discovery thread or in flinkenicks general discussion thread. Might get some pointers there. If using a fiio dap there might be a bit of synergy with the fiio iems I suppose. I guess at some point you are just going to have to make a decision and pick one. Might help to post your budget as well (guessing sub £400?).

Also not sure how close to Bristol you are but there is the Bristol hifi show 22-24 february, with amp3 attending. They may well have some iems on demo that you could try for your self?

Good luck.
Hi
Yeah I know your right. I'm going to have to take a chance on one of these options. The custom arts look the nicest and have universal good reviews. I think I'll get those.
I think essentialy I'm after the sound from meze 99s in iems for around £450
Unfortunately, I live on the west coast of Wales miles from audio stores!

Jan 29, 2019 at 4:33 AM Post #5 of 5
If you are after meze 99s as iem then fibae 2 is a great choice. I have both and in my opinion they are really close in signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back