iems..cheap ones xD
Dec 16, 2006 at 7:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

divinerice

New Head-Fier
hey guys...so i'm thinking about getting EP630s cuz dey cheap n i've heard pretty good reviews. ppl tend to either hate em or luv em...i was gonna get e4s but i wanna save money. does ne1 kno whether the EP630s have good bass? i listen to a lot of hip hop n jrock n stuffs so yea....

i was also considering da zen aurvanas. i hear they decently well balanced? but once again i would like sumthing wif more bass impact n the UE break too easy so i don want to get em. thots n ideas? thnx guys

or these http://reviews.cnet.com/V_Moda_Bass_...7.html?tag=lst

http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Vibe-Ea...&s=electronics

? iono...

Dec 17, 2006 at 1:16 AM Post #3 of 10
IMHO the EP630 are pretty horrendous. Bass is muddy and overpowering, sticks to a tone. The JVC marshmallows are much better especially with the E2 foam mod and they're quite a bit cheaper to boot!

Dec 17, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #4 of 10
Hip-hop and j-rock are the absolute strengths of v-moda vibe from my experience. Bass-freq behaves similarly but without any highs or sound-stage. Honeslty if u can stretch urself to $100 - grab the vibe, it will last you with your music preference, and it will impress you with what you hear quite a bit, possibly doing better than what you could get from e4s. If you can't - grab the bass-freq, they are the phones designed to deal with such type of music, and do so very well. Don't bother with creatives - they are wacky.

Dec 17, 2006 at 1:45 PM Post #6 of 10
This is the wrong forum for poor quality bass. The marshmallows have strong bass also but it is controlled.

EDIT: marshmallows are $20 and readily available at best buy, wal-mart, and comes in black, blue, pink, green, and white

Dec 17, 2006 at 4:00 PM Post #8 of 10
i have the ep630s... i like them alot for the 30$ i payed. they isolate some, are comfy and sound OK. the bass is the focal point. Deep, but can get annoying (at times).

im sure if you compared them to 100$ iems, they would lose, but for 30 bux they seem pretty good to me.

they are probably great iems for rap/hip hop because they seem to produce that subbass that many headphones struggle with....

Dec 17, 2006 at 4:28 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by divinerice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey guys...so i'm thinking about getting EP630s cuz dey cheap n i've heard pretty good reviews. ppl tend to either hate em or luv em...i was gonna get e4s but i wanna save money. does ne1 kno whether the EP630s have good bass? i listen to a lot of hip hop n jrock n stuffs so yea....

i was also considering da zen aurvanas. i hear they decently well balanced? but once again i would like sumthing wif more bass impact n the UE break too easy so i don want to get em. thots n ideas? thnx guys

or these http://reviews.cnet.com/V_Moda_Bass_...7.html?tag=lst

http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Vibe-Ea...&s=electronics

? iono...

The EP630 is horrendous. It is muddy over the whole frequency spectrum. It has poor lows and highs.

The CX300 looks like the EP630, but it is very clean, clear, but sibilant and somewhat bright. Highly detailed and fast can with excellent instrument separation. Flat and boring (from $50)

The JVC marshmallow isolate as good or better than the two above, but it has a very hot, full, non fatiguing sound. Not a very detailed can, but very fun (from $10, normally goes for $20)

Altec Lansing iM716 has pretty good bass and a very non-fatiguing high. Good sound quality overall with decent detail. Provides the best isolation (from $100, although it used to be cheaper at $69)

Dec 17, 2006 at 7:15 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dandy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe everyone can't afford 100$ IEMs. This forum is not for them then? Nice..

If you can afford $30 EP630s then you can afford $20 marshmallows. Good job reading between the lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back