IEMs as main headphones
Aug 27, 2011 at 9:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

brat

500+ Head-Fier
I wonder if anyone here uses IEMs for home listening...
I have the opportunity to buy Shure SE530 at very good price but I don't need IEMs for portable use. From what I've read over internet they have sound signature that may fit my taste. I've never had any IEMs before and I don't know what will be to listen to my home computer-based rig with something in my ear canals
o2smile.gif

So... do you listen your IEMs at home?

Aug 27, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #2 of 5
The only few IEMs sound like fullsize headphones and good for home use too like FX700, IE8, EX1000, TF10Pro, SM3, Radius DDM. But Shure SE530 is refind, clear, detailed and canbe use for home listening with more isolation(imrove with AMPs help).

Aug 27, 2011 at 1:56 PM Post #4 of 5
For a long time my Triple.fi 10's were my main headphones. Honestly any of the top-tier IEM's could serve perfectly well as main headphones - TF10's, SE535, IE8 or any of the others. 

If you want them to sound closer to a set of full-sized cans you might want to invest in a small USB amp/dac combo. 

Aug 27, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #5 of 5

i use the westone 4 and etymotic er-4s as my everyday/everything headphones. i don't like over the ear cans because i don't find them comfortable, so i'm glad i can get the sound i do out of these beauties. 
Quote:
For a long time my Triple.fi 10's were my main headphones. Honestly any of the top-tier IEM's could serve perfectly well as main headphones - TF10's, SE535, IE8 or any of the others. 

If you want them to sound closer to a set of full-sized cans you might want to invest in a small USB amp/dac combo. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back