IEM's and tips
Jan 31, 2007 at 7:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

laxx

Headphoneus Supremus
What's up guys.

Do any of you guys have different sized ear canals? I put on my e500's with the stock tips and the left ear goes in and seals perfectly, but I can't for the life of me get my right ear to fit. If I try a few times, I can get it to seal, but not as well as the left ear no matter how many tried I do. I'm thinking my right ear canal might be smaller and might need the small tip? I'm going to try later when I get home as I went home during my lunch break. I was too excited and just took the essentials, the e500's and the shortest extention with the line attenuator.

I'm just curious if there's anyone here that might use 2 different tip sizes. =T I think medium on my left and small on my right might be what I need.

Jan 31, 2007 at 7:53 PM Post #2 of 4
my left ear canal is slightly larger than the right, i use tri-flanges and the one on the right earpiece has the stem cut a little shorter to compensate.

Jan 31, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #4 of 4
My right ear canal is slightly larger than my left. I use the tri-flanges and find that that at first I don't get a great seal with the right one. Over time though, the flanges soften up and expand to fill the whole canal, giving me a perfect seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back