IEMs and Headphones (Portability, Value, and Quality)
Sep 11, 2013 at 10:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

orbv12

New Head-Fier
Greetings,

I currently own a pair of HD650s combined with a Schiit Valhalla and Zero DAC for home use. I picked up a set of Bose IE2 that were on sale (50% off) about 2 years ago. I currently use them at work as well as for exercise. I never have any issues with comfort. They feel great and the sound is OK. Recently, the cable started showing major signs of wear (wire wrap torn). I have read through a few threads with no real consensus on the debate of IEMs vs headphones. The subjective nature of sound really makes it hard for me to make a decision.

I am considering picking up a pair of Sennheiser IE80s for portable (walking around campus) and work (sitting at a desk) use. I will continue to use my current Bose for exercise until I can pick up another pair. I have also considered purchasing portable headphones, but I don't know that the sound quality would be worth the trade off in comfort and portability.

To daily IEM users, do you wish you would have purchased a set of headphones?

Sep 11, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #2 of 3
I use my IEMs daily. I have no issues but sometimes I just wish I had a good quality headphone to test the difference because I've only tried cheap headphones so far. I believe there are better IEM's than the IE80 for the price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back