IEMs ~(70-75)€ [ ~ $100 ]
Jan 1, 2011 at 5:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Garida

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone and Happy New Year. I'm a new member here. I am not an audiophile and i haven't experience in high quality sound. I am interested in buying a pair of IEMs (around $100) and because I live in Europe it would be a great chance if I could find a pair of IEMs with cheap shipping (or even free :) ) I do NOT listen to a certain type of music. I mostly listen to Rock/Alternative, Hip-Hop/Rap, sometimes metal and not too much ELECTRO :) I also have no certain preference between Bass IEMs or Balanced ones. After a "small" research I've done I came up in these :

1) FA Eterna (Ver 1)
2) FA Genesis
3) iBeats ( by Dre )
4) Brainwavz M2
5) Klipsch S4
6) Apple In Ear Monitors

Especially for the (5) chocie I'm a little bit conscious 'cuz I've read a lot of controversial reviews and because of it's Strong and Deep Bass maybe wont be the best purchase for me. I have to say that the (3) choice got me 'cuz of their style and 'cuz of their name because its the first beatsbydre product that is "open" to the mass. What do u think and what do u suggest me?

ps. 1) Sorry for my english. It's not my maternal labguage
      2) If you have another IEM in mind just let me now

THANK YOU A LOT :)

Have a nice Holiday

Jan 1, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #4 of 18
If you think that "Strong and Deep Bass maybe wont be the best purchase for me", I guess you can pretty much remove the first two options..Eterna and Genesis are very bassy, more than the Klipsch...
For the price range, i'd say best options are Head-Direct RE0 and Sunrise SW Xcape...

Jan 2, 2011 at 6:58 AM Post #5 of 18
Look I love bass but not too much of it. Because I dont have previous experience I prefer to buy an IEM that it is neither Bassy nor analytic. I knew that eternas have a lot of bass but I thought that Genesis was what I am searching? I'm wrong? What about Klipsch S4 and the new apple in ear monitors?

thank you

Jan 2, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #6 of 18
Fa genesis are new and havent got much reviews yet. In fact i think eterna are more comfortable and can be worn over the ear on down.
 eterna rev1 are high reputable with a fun sound and not much of disadvantages. Same is for brainwwavz.
Klipsch also have a good sound slightly inferior than the above 2 according to some people but for sure one of the most comfortable iems out there.
In my opinion keep away from dr.dre because you pay more that what you get.

Dont forget to check this multi threat review which you can find experienced thoughts for most of your choices plus 125 more.

Jan 2, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #8 of 18
I havent tried any of those. But in my opinion if joker rated the similar more expensive monster beats tour by dre with a 6.75/10 this will not be above a 7/10. He also states that the sound is bass oriented and very coloured. Believe me that such a signature might end up tiring and fatiguing over time.
On the other hand s4 is good in all frequencies. And the bass should be at the right spot. Deep and controlled. Also the ibeats look big and bulky and i am almost sure that dont come even near to the comfort that klipsch s4 have.

Jan 2, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #10 of 18
If you are considering Klipsch Image S4 then you might want to also look at Sunrise Xcape. They are both the same price. The only place I know that sells them right now is ebay UK for about $86 USD.

Jan 3, 2011 at 2:55 AM Post #12 of 18
And what about Apple In Ear phones (the new ones) ?

EDIT: As far as iBeats are concerned, they are dramatically bad (even worse than stock ibuds) or just not worthy of their price?

Thank you

Jan 3, 2011 at 9:55 AM Post #15 of 18

Quote:
Look I love bass but not too much of it. Because I dont have previous experience I prefer to buy an IEM that it is neither Bassy nor analytic. I knew that eternas have a lot of bass but I thought that Genesis was what I am searching? I'm wrong? What about Klipsch S4 and the new apple in ear monitors?

thank you

Quote:
I think the HF5 would lean towards the 'analytical' side of things.

Neither Bassy nor analytic, is quite subjective in entry class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back