IEM's...10 Best Built
Jun 1, 2008 at 11:54 AM Post #16 of 36
IEM Choices, Klipsch, custom-3, Image, Shure SE530, or Sleek SA6

I want an IEM that has the high frequency sensitivity of the ETY ER4P
and the solid base and midrange of the Shure SE530. I do not want to
deal with the problem of microphonics or custom ear molds and price is
not a limiting factor. I listen to all genres of music but focus on
Jazz and female vocalists. Any suggestions??? Has anyone compared
these IEMs at one of the headphone shows??

Jun 1, 2008 at 12:42 PM Post #17 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by tunes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IEM Choices, Klipsch, custom-3, Image, Shure SE530, or Sleek SA6

I want an IEM that has the high frequency sensitivity of the ETY ER4P
and the solid base and midrange of the Shure SE530. I do not want to
deal with the problem of microphonics or custom ear molds and price is
not a limiting factor. I listen to all genres of music but focus on
Jazz and female vocalists. Any suggestions??? Has anyone compared
these IEMs at one of the headphone shows??

Sleek, or wait for the new comming Klipsch X5, are very comfotable, the bass is very good, in the Sleek case you cna tune the sound to your liking, and the wireless version is comming soon...

Jun 1, 2008 at 2:04 PM Post #18 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The E500 are beautiful bits of "gadget" and their fit 'n finish is top notch.

yeh id x2 that, apart from the odd cable problem on earlier models, the actual earpeices are very solid and tough, certainly no signs of gluing or similar problems found on such phones as ety's.

even tho the ety's are deceivingly well built.

Jun 2, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #22 of 36
I had the UM1 and that was pretty sturdy ....

Jun 2, 2008 at 12:31 AM Post #23 of 36
And no one has yet mentioned the Denon line. All aluminum body very solid construction.

And the A8s are amazing construction.

pink

Jun 2, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #26 of 36
I've got to chime in with the Shure commendations. You can see the phones I have in my collection in my sig, and imo Shure make the most robust earphones of the one's I've tried. The SE530 in particular are just sublime in design, construction and fit. I've never before worn a more comfortable IEM (have not used customs) that not only look aesthetically appealing (metallic bronze looks slick and sophisticated) but also seal incredibly well, and fit in your ears like no other non-custom IEM. It's the first earphones I've actually been able to sleep on my side with, and wake up the next day perfectly fine.

My Super.Fi 5 Pro's and Etymotic ER6i's would have given me an ear ache or worse. The 5 Pro's in particular I can't even wear to sleep.

In regards to headphones. I have not used a great many, but of the one's I've used, the Bose QC2's are easily the most comfortable. They are small, light, sophisticated and fit perfectly, providing a good seal, and comfortable luxurious materials (suede like ultra soft leather for the ears and head rest).

Jun 2, 2008 at 5:05 AM Post #27 of 36
I concur on the SE 530's. I absolutely love mine.

Jun 2, 2008 at 6:42 AM Post #29 of 36
The CK10, EX700 and the q-JAYS are well built.
dscn1625if8.jpg

Sorry, no pics for the JAYS.

Oct 6, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #30 of 36
There's a reason why sensaphonics has support for etymotics and shure earphones and there's a reason why they've stuck with the 2x-s' without changing anything but the cable over the past years; they're the best - had mine for 2 and some years now and the only con to buying any custom IEM is maintenance (daily cleaning and $150-per-ear service fee whenever you have to fix a monitor regardless of the issue (unless warranty still exists). But then again, if you're buying a close-to-900 dollar earphone, you better be ready to take care of it - just the same as buying a nice car, instrument, or anything for that matter.

As for Ultimate Ears...They're like Lamborghini while Sensaphonics is like Ferrari...

Lamborghini = nice looking...fast...expensive...breaks down and catches fire once in a while...

Ferrari = ...well....Ferrari

Users who are viewing this thread

Back