IEM with the same sound as UE Triple-Fi 10
Aug 13, 2020 at 11:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

zamorin

1000+ Head-Fier
Does anyone know which IEM sounds closest to the UE Triple-Fi 10? What do you call the sound signature of the TF10? U shaped? V shaped?...Thx.

Aug 13, 2020 at 11:08 PM Post #2 of 11
Looks like a cursive W.

1597374518977.png

Aug 13, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #3 of 11
Thank you. Which IEM would sound closest to it? Any of these: KZ10pro, KZX, CCA-C12, TRN V90, Tin audio T2/T3?

Aug 14, 2020 at 2:49 AM Post #5 of 11
I am not sure how to read the graph. Do the lines have to match or closely? Because none of them seems to be the same when I compare. The closest I think was with Tin T3. Are they similar? Thanks a lot.

Aug 14, 2020 at 3:45 AM Post #6 of 11
Thank you. Which IEM would sound closest to it? Any of these: KZ10pro, KZX, CCA-C12, TRN V90, Tin audio T2/T3?

KZ's and the T2 seem to follow a similar curve but weak at the low end and too strong at the upper midrange.

T3 seems closest but nothing in the way of an upper midrange peak.

I am not sure how to read the graph. Do the lines have to match or closely? Because none of them seems to be the same when I compare. The closest I think was with Tin T3. Are they similar? Thanks a lot.

It's tough to find drivers that have a very similar response outside of evolutionary steps off of one basic driver design like the HiFiMan HE4xx series, let alone completely different driver designs from different companies.

Best you've got is somewhere kind of close to how it is at both ends of the range, but not in the middle of that.

Aug 14, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #7 of 11
KZ's and the T2 seem to follow a similar curve but weak at the low end and too strong at the upper midrange.

T3 seems closest but nothing in the way of an upper midrange peak.

It's tough to find drivers that have a very similar response outside of evolutionary steps off of one basic driver design like the HiFiMan HE4xx series, let alone completely different driver designs from different companies.

Best you've got is somewhere kind of close to how it is at both ends of the range, but not in the middle of that.
Thanks for all the information. I just can't seem to find anything that sounds like TripleFi-10. It has some kind of 3D effect or something that I never heard in any other IEM's. I customized my TripleFi-10 to CIEM's but still I can't get that sound. I had to customize it because one of it's filters got damaged.

I can't believe Amazon is still selling them at around US$350 new and US$250 used. Some people said the TPeos H-100 sounded similar to TripleFi-10 but I just didn't like it's signature. It was too sibilant for me and not all that similar.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2020 at 4:06 AM Post #8 of 11
The guy who reshelled the TF-10 for me has a IEM/CIEM company now called Elysian Acoustic Labs and he was the one who recommended the TF-10 to me. He seems to follow the TF-10 signature closely for his IEM's.

iem.png

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #9 of 11
Thanks for all the information. I just can't seem to find anything that sounds like TripleFi-10. It has some kind of 3D effect or something that I never heard in any other IEM's. I customized my TripleFi-10 to CIEM's but still I can't get that sound. I had to customize it because one of it's filters got damaged.

I can't believe Amazon is still selling them at around US$350 new and US$250 used. Some people said the TPeos H-100 sounded similar to TripleFi-10 but I just didn't like it's signature. It was too sibilant for me and not all that similar.

Imaging is not something that will come out clearly on response graphs. You can have headphones that measure similarl, tonally sound the similar to the ears, and yet one can image much better.

Aug 14, 2020 at 9:42 PM Post #10 of 11

Sorry then for just dropping that link with no explanation. +1 what protege says, it shows the relative volumes of the frequency range of an IEM, it can help you find IEMs with similar overall tone, but many important properties of sound aren't reflected in the graph- two IEMs can measure quite similarly but sound very dissimilar. It's a handy tool but only as a supplement to other research you'd normally do. (if you're interested https://crinacle.com/2020/04/08/graphs-101-how-to-read-headphone-measurements/ )

I haven't heard the Triple Fi so I don't have any recommendations, noticed the Shure 535, JH Billie Jean* and a few of the Final E-series look to have similar graphs, they may be worth researching.

*(incidentally JH is company of person who designed Triple Fi)

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2020 at 12:51 AM Post #11 of 11
Sorry then for just dropping that link with no explanation. +1 what protege says, it shows the relative volumes of the frequency range of an IEM, it can help you find IEMs with similar overall tone, but many important properties of sound aren't reflected in the graph- two IEMs can measure quite similarly but sound very dissimilar. It's a handy tool but only as a supplement to other research you'd normally do. (if you're interested https://crinacle.com/2020/04/08/graphs-101-how-to-read-headphone-measurements/ )

I haven't heard the Triple Fi so I don't have any recommendations, noticed the Shure 535, JH Billie Jean* and a few of the Final E-series look to have similar graphs, they may be worth researching.

*(incidentally JH is company of person who designed Triple Fi)
Yeah JH designed TF-10 when he was at UE/ Logitech. The 535 and JH iem's are a little out of my price league. It's interesting to know, according to that site, the left and right side of earphones has different volumes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back