IEM with sound quality >= Sennheiser 280
Mar 8, 2007 at 6:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

skip gaede

New Head-Fier
Currently I own a pair of Sennheiser 280s and a pair of ER-6is, purchased on the recommendation of my audiologist before I knew what I was doing. I'm pleased with the Sennheisers, and would like to find a pair of IEMs that sound at least as good as my Sennheisers.

The bass response on the ER-6is isn't as good as the 280s. You notice it immediately when switching. However, it's something you can live with. What I'm not happy about is that the sound breaks up real bad when listening to Bach organ fugues. This doesn't happen with the 280s.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,
Skip

Mar 8, 2007 at 9:29 PM Post #3 of 4
Evilking asked Quote:

What is your source?

My portable player is a lowly YP-U2, but I'm planning on upgrading down the line.

I was considering both the ER-4P/S or the Shure E4Cs. I don't know what either of them sound like, or how they compare to the 280s. Perhaps something else...

--skip

Mar 8, 2007 at 10:22 PM Post #4 of 4
I used both the hd280 and Shure e4c at one point in time (the hd280 were a gift).

Initially I liked the 280s better, but the e4c are decisively clearer and more detailed, with greater extension down low though less impact.

Honestly, I was unimpressed with both headphones, though...

Quote:

Originally Posted by skip gaede /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Evilking asked
My portable player is a lowly YP-U2, but I'm planning on upgrading down the line.

I was considering both the ER-4P/S or the Shure E4Cs. I don't know what either of them sound like, or how they compare to the 280s. Perhaps something else...

--skip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back