IEM with similar signature as AudioQuest NightHawk / NightOwl headphones
Aug 14, 2018 at 5:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

surfgeorge

Member of the Trade: 3D Printed Accessory Designer
I am a very happy owner of the Chord Mojo combined with AudioQuest NightHawk and NightOwl headphones and love the sound quality I can get from this combo. It's often described as dark, warm,, smooth, musical and still preserving details very well. The NightHawks have the reputation of being quite unusual in this aspect.

As I said, I am happy with the sound, but the initial target to have a portable Hifi solution is only partly reached, it's good for the office, but too big for air travel. So I have a little reluctantly started to look for IEMs.

I bought the MEE Audio Pinnacle P1, and I would describe them as detailed, relatively neutral and smooth (enough) with the Mojo, but honestly when I switch to the NightOwls they fell so much more musical, a deep soundstage opens and sucks me in, enjoying music rather than scrutinizing details and elements.

I don't know if that makes any sense, but I am looking for this feeling from IEMs.
My understanding is that IEMs will not be able to offer the soundstage, but I hope to get the rest of the musical qualities of the NightHawk and NightOwl in an IEM.

And I am not willing to spend tons of money, limit would be around 300 Euros, better less.

Am I asking for the impossible?

Any suggestion welcome, just let me know if you personally know the AudioQuest headphones.

Preferred music styles:
Classic, Jazz, Blues, Pop, Alternative, different "audiophile" recordings, a little Rock

Aug 30, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #5 of 6
I thought we were keeping it well below 300 euros (??). If so, I would recommend that you look at a Campfire Comet and see what you think. It ticks some of your boxes and could potentially work.

That said, I worry that you are not going to find what you really want in this price range. Hopefully, I am wrong. :)

Aug 31, 2018 at 6:05 AM Post #6 of 6
@serman005 Ha, you're right. I didn't notice he'd set a budget
dead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back