IEM with similar Quality to sr60
Apr 25, 2008 at 8:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

uberstuber

100+ Head-Fier
Sorry for another IEM search thread.

I'm very happy with my grado sr-60, and am looking for an IEM with similar sound quality. I am NOT looking for Grado sound in an IEM--that's like comparing apples and oranges--I want something that won't be disappointing to listen to, yet won't make me want to buy sr225 (once I find a good IEM, I'm going to run as far away from head-fi as I can).
There aren't really any comparisons of IEMs to full size headphones, so I don't know what to look for when I read reviews.

I really have no clue what kind of price range what I'm looking for would fall under, but I'm looking to spend no more than $200, and as little as possible.

I have a Creative Zen Vision:M, a diy cmoy amp, Grado sr60, ksc-75, Shure se110 (not satisfied with these). I'd rather not require an amp. Comfort and size (smaller=better) are important factors as usual.

Does that make sense? Thanks guys
icon10.gif

Edit: forgot about my musical tastes UberStuber’s Music Profile – Users at Last.fm

Apr 25, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #2 of 8
Earbud: Yuin PK1/PK2/PK3
IEM: Triple.fi 10 Pro
IEM (custom): Livewires

Apr 28, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #6 of 8
I believe that the UE T.F. 10 Pro is way above in quality as compared to the SR60. What's more in line would be the UE S.F. 5 Pro (Super.Fi 5 Pro). I have both, the SR60 as we all the UE S.F. 5 Pro. Similar sound structure, sparkle in the top end (i.e. pronounced highs), decent mids and a great bass.

Start with UE S.F. 5 Pro and work yourself up from there if you want more quality.

Good luck and have fun!

Apr 28, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarinthegourd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And you aren't considering buds?

I forgot to note this in my OP, but I need isolation as well as portability.
Otherwise I would've picked up the pk3s a long time ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back