IEM with replacable, or super sturdy cables?
Feb 14, 2010 at 3:13 AM Post #17 of 25
There's a reason for that. There was a crazy sale like 2 months ago where they were $99 so the prices on amazon are now adjusted because of that.

Feb 14, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #21 of 25
I went through this same problem about two months ago.I did tons of research of all headphones under 300 dollars. I looked at Ie7&8 and triplefi 10's, weststones series and many others. I really just wanted the lowest price sounding headphone that was durable, I was coming from Nu-force Nu7 model which was 50 bucks at the time and sounded great, but sent them back so many times because of a cable going out or the mic not working they actually refunded me my money, saying they could no longer afford to warranty their product.

I ended up going with Weststone. They do not have a replaceable cable, but their cables are much better then the triplefi and Senn. IE series IMHO (with no experience so take that with a grain of salt). I did get the lowest series , the W1, which I ended up trading for the W2 a month later after they broke in. There is a sponsor on the board who sells them with full 2 year warranty and were great to deal with, and the cable is as good as you can get in my experience. The W1 just lacked bass and that's why the W2 seems to be better with. Hope I have helped , since I had this same exact question and did not seem to get much help when I posted.

Feb 15, 2010 at 8:22 AM Post #23 of 25
the Ultimate ears cable is horrible, its stiff, it coils up easly, it gets deformed, its heavy, i wouldnt recommend it to anyone,

now my IE8 have one of the best cables around, kevlar fibre reinforces, quite light, almost no drag, easy to untangle, i love em,

Feb 15, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by lwells /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really am impressed by my triple.fi's. I have a null audio cable on the way for them as well.

I am going the same route. The stock cable isn't too bad (I think it's alright) but I ordered a Lune cable from Null Audio
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back