IEM with microphone and iPod Controls around $200
Jul 27, 2012 at 5:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

MrMooshroom

New Head-Fier
I am in the market for the best IEM I can get for around $200. I mainly listen to rap/hip hop and some rock and bands like earth, wind and fire. But 90% of my music is rap.

I was thinking the monster turbine Golds but I am a bit skeptical on the price to sound ratio and I don't want my mids drowned out to much by the bass. I'm not sure if this is true of the golds but I have heard that from some reviews.

So does anyone have some suggestions of some IEM's around the $200 price range?

Jul 27, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #2 of 17
Also microphone and iPod controls are a must. If there is a stock IEM for the $200 proce that Doesnt have it but you know of a replacement cable with the iPod controls and microphone for them I would also be interested.

Jul 27, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #3 of 17
The Sony XBA3, Harmen Kardon IEMs, MTP Gold, MTP Copper, TF10Pro and GR07 are great for these genres and they offers punchy bass with clear mids, highs.

Jul 27, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #5 of 17
The Sony XBA3, Harmen Kardon IEMs, MTP Gold, MTP Copper, TF10Pro and GR07 are great for these genres and they offers punchy bass with clear mids, highs.

I'll deffinetly think about the Harmen Kardon I deffinetly like the brand. I would deffinetly be getting the TF10 if they had mic and iPod controls. And I would strongly consider the GR07 if they had iPod controls and microphone.

I'm thinking the MTP Gold is going to be my best option. I'll get the coppers tho if I can find them for cheaper than $250.

Jul 27, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #7 of 17
Quote:
I couldn't any very good reviews of them, also i read some that said they don't have much base. 

They don't have a lot of quantity.  They can dig low, but I don't think they'll suite you honestly.  I'd look towards something else...  Atrios, V-Moda, ThinkSound are all good ideas.  Monster Gratitude is another idea as well.  The Turbine series is also a good idea as well.  

Jul 27, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:
I guess I shouldn't have really said IEM's because I do want some extra base.

IEMs can produce bass...  Atrios, ThinkSound, even V-Moda and Monster Turbine (Gold) all produce enough bass for what you'll be using them for.  

Jul 27, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #13 of 17
Vmoda m80 would fit the bill, and you wouldn't need an amp. They also are socially acceptable to wear outside.

As much as I like my Ety Hf3, I'm not sure they would be good for someone wanting quantities of bass

Jul 27, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:
Yeah I know they can but usually things labeled IEM's are more flat and very accurate.  Thanks for the suggestions.

IEM is really just a class of headphones.  The actual sound depends on the engineer that designs them :p

Quote:
Vmoda m80 would fit the bill, and you wouldn't need an amp. They also are socially acceptable to wear outside.
As much as I like my Ety Hf3, I'm not sue they would be good for someone wanting quantities of bass

+1, M80s are great overall without sacrificing bass quantity.  I also agree with the HF2/3 comment, not enough quantities for some genres/people.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back