IEM with in-line remote and mic for Android Galaxy S5?
Jan 25, 2015 at 11:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Erikk

New Head-Fier
I'm interested in getting a nice pair of IEM to use as a headset also for my Galaxy S5.  Budget is somewhat flexible; I'd love to spend under $100 but if there's a $400 pair that is transcendental I'm open to it.  My musical tastes are very eclectic and run from EDM to classic rock to jam band; bass performance is important but I don't want it overpowering and is not the most important characteristic or at least not eclipsing all others.  If anything I'm looking for neutral accuracy; I like my music to be fairly close to the original master.  If I want a little more bass I can tweak EQ; but it's a heck of lot better/easier to tweak from flat than correct to flat (or at least IMHO).  

Mandatory is in-line mic and controls that work with the Galaxy S5.  I've read a little bit on the forums trying to find the information without needing to ask but mostly I've found older threads that seemed to focus on "I want an IEM under $50 for android" or "android doesn't work with 3 button control" (which is definitely no longer true).  

Thanks in advance for any feedback.  

Jan 26, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #2 of 3
Your price range and preference is really vague... there are a lot depending on the price range. I'm just gonna give you few of my favorites.
Under $200: SBH80(Below $99, but I think they perform as well as pricier ones)(review here), T10
Under $300: Fidue A83(review here) Get a MMCX cable with mic for android capability.
Under $500: Sony A3

Jan 26, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #3 of 3
Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear. Has the three button functionality for Android, has received good reviews, and is under $100. I have not heard it, but it is probably pretty dang good.

And it has the same sound signature that you mentioned you wanted. It is a good mix between fun and neutral. I hope somebody with experience with them can comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back