IEM with big bass and tamed trebel
Nov 14, 2016 at 4:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

arielelf

New Head-Fier
Hi I made a post yesterday asking for help with headphones but I think I wrote way too much and no-one responded  so here is a condensed version

I have a very high sensitivity to high treble and have had to return tons of headphones, that were rated as fantastic by most reviewers, because they literally hurt me to listen to them. Even ones that were listed as not harsh.

​Headphones I've had that didn't hurt my eardrums but had other faults that I cannot live with are
Ultimate ears triple fi 10's
Yamaha EPH-100
Zero Audio carbo Basso

I like the idea of a woodie sound, which I think might be similar to the sound of older full size floor speakers, and think that the JVC fx850 might work for me but some have mentioned that it is a bit harsh with highs and others say that it is the opposite. What do you guys think?

Also I commute on a subway 2.5 hours a day, would these be isolated enough? if not is there a mod that would make them better isolated?

Is there a headphone with similar deep bass and interest that is not harsh that I might like better.

I have had great luck with your suggestions in the past so I would love any help you might be able to give

Users who are viewing this thread

Back