IEM with a perfect bass
Oct 6, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #16 of 25
Yes, the RE-252 are something very special. Many could find them bass light but they have something to it that the IE8 does not. I could not describe it better than you did, mvw2. When I boost the bass of the RE-252 with eq, I get more than enough bass, and the quality is superb, way better than IE8 imo. But nothing can make the IE8 sound like the RE-252 bass, quality wise. I must say that IE8 bass is quite sloppy and overwhelming, or you could take it the other way and say that the bass is enveloping, which it certainly is.

Oct 6, 2010 at 2:12 PM Post #19 of 25
The thing about bass on the Turbine pros is that IME the Gel Supertips are the best tip at getting that bass impact and performance out of them.  If you can't get a proper seal w/ the Gels you are missing out on what the Pros can do in the bass region.  

IMO, as good as the SM3 is it really doesn't belong in this conversation.

i also wonder if the discrepancies between the IE8 and MTP preferences isn't more an issue of fit and seal rather than Bass performance.  I think someone pointed out that the IE8 graph w/ bass know turned to max matched the MTP graph.  Of course graphs only matter if they matter to you. 

Oct 6, 2010 at 4:00 PM Post #21 of 25
I just want to thank you guys for sharing your personal experiences with the Monster Turbines. I use to own the Sennheiser CX500 and LOVED their dynamic deep bass extension. I'm now looking for a dynamic iem that matches the CX500's dynamic bass extension, but that also has midrange and treble clarity. And from what I've been reading here so far in the forums, The MTP Copper seems to be the one I'm looking for.

Oct 6, 2010 at 4:08 PM Post #22 of 25

Quote:
I just want to thank you guys for sharing your personal experiences with the Monster Turbines. I use to own the Sennheiser CX500 and LOVED their dynamic deep bass extension. I'm now looking for a dynamic iem that matches the CX500's dynamic bass extension, but that also has midrange and treble clarity. And from what I've been reading here so far in the forums, The MTP Copper seems to be the one I'm looking for.

FYI, positioning is crucial to the Coppers.  If you insert too deep they will sound overly warm and lose clarity.

Oct 6, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #23 of 25

Thanx for the tip!

Quote:
FYI, positioning is crucial to the Coppers.  If you insert too deep they will sound overly warm and lose clarity.

Oct 9, 2010 at 5:54 AM Post #24 of 25
Get a Graham slee voyager. Pair that with MTP coppers and your in bass HEAVEN! Best of both worlds IMO. Quality and quantity throughout the spectrum.
If you really want to play, get the Tributes.

If you don't want to use an amp, MTP golds or Tributes might be your flavor but the IE8 is more flexible due to the bass dial IMO . That way you can at least tweak/customise a little.  

I have not heard the FA Eterna but might be worth some research.
Good luck on your bass Nirvana pursuit!

Oct 9, 2010 at 7:07 AM Post #25 of 25
IE8 (BALANCED) TWAG + TOUCAN + TELCAST T51 great set up for acheiving the perfect bass imo.

or another great option

Graham Slee Voyager with RE252 (RE262 another option and are suppose to have abit more bass) will give you extreme quality with plenty of punch
smile_phones.gif
 or without an amp the tributes from monster are amazing!

For a budget winner the panasonic HJE900 the highs can be alil shrill, let them burn in. great bass and detail J&R have special on these atm.

Another budget Hippo VB but maybe not "perfect" enough for you. Hope this helps! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back