IEM w/ Most Sound Isolation + Good for Classical Music
Jul 7, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #16 of 22

Quote:
The ER-4PT apparently comes with a frequency graph signed in pen by an Etymotic AE that your IEM is matched to that graph.

The ER-4S is apparently exactly the same apart from a higher impedance cable, you can buy a cable impedance adapter from Etymotic that turns the ER-4P into the ER-4S, but you can't turn the ER-4S into the ER-4P.

ER-4B is apparently the same as the ER-4S except with a different filter or something, see thread "most analytical IEM's?".

If anyone knows where you can get an impedance cable adapter identical to the one Etymotic sells for cheaper please let me know =] I want one but 60 bucks for a tiny cable seems deer. 

Any 75-ohm impedance adaptor will suffice. You can find them on eBay for around $20 USD

Jul 7, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #18 of 22
i got mine from here: http://www.headphone.com/accessories/adaptors/etymotic-er-4p-to-er-4s-adapter.php

it's a little cheaper.

you can get a 75 ohm resistor adaptor from ebay for a lot cheaper (~20 bucks), but i rather keep everything oem so i know i'm hearing what i'm supposed to be hearing. plus there's no questioning   ety quality versus a hand made chinese thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back