IEM vs Closed Full-Size Headphones
May 18, 2008 at 8:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

gamer539

100+ Head-Fier
I am wondering how IEM in-ear-monitors are compared to full-sized closed headphone monitors. I am mainly looking into the SCL4 or E4C compared to Beyerdynamic DT770/80. I currently have the DT770, and am looking into getting a more portable phones for the ipod and laptop. I'm interested in how the sound nature will change compared the the DT770 amped and unamped.

If it is an improvement, I might sell the DT770 and grab a set of SCL4 for my closed set-up. Thanks.

May 20, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #2 of 2
One thing to keep in mind is comfort. Are you already use to using iem's ? If not this alone will be a BIG change. Your Byerdynamic hp is a closed headphone and has some good low end. You might want to check out some Ultimate Ears "EB"= Extended base models. Just my opinion but I don't think the E4c is a good choice coming from the DT770. I liked the e4's while I owned them just don't think its a good comparison with the Byers. I also REALLY like the Westone in ears as well. Great comfort! Hope this helps. Let us no what you end up getting either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back