IEM user switching to full sized/travel headphones for home use from laptop/ipod, £50 budget
Oct 14, 2009 at 12:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Duffy1207

100+ Head-Fier
Hey, I've been on here a while and only got interested in over ear headphones recently (being an iem user for quite a while).

I've recently moved to uni, and want some over ear headphones for watching films out of a laptop as well as listening to a wide range of music from the laptop/ipod classic. I have about £50 to spend.

The Denon AH-D501 have caught my eye as I'm a Denon fan, as well as the folding Denon AH-P372 for the same price of £40 on iheadphones. Does anyone know how these compare, I'd prefer the folding ones but fell they may be compromised sound wise.

Also, the Shure SRh 440 stand out.

I don't know how any of these sound though, I'm wondering if I should just spend £20 on some HD202's and upgrade later on?

Does anyone else have any other reccomendations for the price? Sony's, AKG's, Audio Technica?

I want something with a decent bit of bass, but not overpowering, but also clear and something with clarity for some acoustic stuff I've got.

I was mainly looking at closed back headphones for leakage issues in case I bring them into the library at uni or on the bus.

Thanks, Joe.

Oct 14, 2009 at 1:17 PM Post #2 of 7
I don't know how much they are in your area but have you looked at the JVC RX700's? Great sound, decent build quality, doesn't need to be amped and about $40 USD.

Oct 14, 2009 at 1:27 PM Post #3 of 7
If you can stretch your budget a bit, I'd seriously recommend AKG K450, you should be able to get them for around 60-65 GBP.

Oct 15, 2009 at 7:10 AM Post #5 of 7
I also recently switched from IEMs to the full-sized ATH-ANC7b. They may be a bit out of your price range when new, but they may be available online refurbished somewhere, or on eBay. I gave a brief review of them in this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/ah-...edator-450164/

Randy

Oct 15, 2009 at 3:13 PM Post #7 of 7
I think I'm looking for just folding headphones now, the Denon's I mentioned are tempting, the AH-P372.
Can anyone suggest any other folding headphones for a similar price (£40) that fits what I want to use them for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back