IEM Upgrade
Jul 15, 2014 at 11:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Aegis303

New Head-Fier
I have recently opened a thread about getting another earphone of different sound signature, but was recommended that i should upgrade instead.  Anyways, I've decided upgrade from my SE215 special edition.  My budget should be around $500, i dont think i can afford anything more then that.  While i haven't have time to go to stores to audition that IEMs, i have concluded a couple of IEMs that may suit my needs.  I usually use these IEM on my Fiio X3 for commuting and etc.  I listen to Asian Pop, Urban, and sometimes Heavy Metal,

Anyways here are the few IEM I wanted decided between (other recommendations are always welcome):

Shure 535 Special edition
Westone W40
EarSonic SM64
Senheiser IE80
UE9000
I think I've seen Fitears F111 available, but i believe that store does not have it for auditioning.

Someone have also mentioned that i should get CIEM 1964 V3 but i think that is kinda over my budget when everything comes together.

The stores that have these IEM i listed are located at different places, so if there is one or 2 that might not suit my needed, i wouldn't want to waste my time going there.

Also a detachable cable is a MUST, since most of my earphones seems to break somewhere along the wires after some time.  Good durability would also be a plus.

I wanted to make sure about purchasing these IEM as i will plan to use them for a long time.

Jul 16, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #2 of 2
I'd recommend the W40 or the UE900, whichever of those you like better. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back