IEM upgrade help!!!
Jul 21, 2017 at 10:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

julianlopez85

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys... i've been using my Audio technica e40s for a good few months now and i'm in love with them...i upgraded from soundmagics e10 and never looked back...so i'm just wondering considering there's heaps of iems out there..what would be a good upgrade? ie is balanced armature any good? is it worth moving up to them or should i just stick with dynamic drivers and such? what would you guys recommend? the only issue i have with the e40 is the cable... iahve the memory wire but to source a replacement a2dc cable is crazy here in malaysia since they cost nearly the same as the iems.....

Jul 22, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #2 of 8
What kind of sound signature would you like (or what do you want improved), and what is your budget?

Jul 28, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #4 of 8
BA vs dynamic just depends on how well it's implemented, one is not "better" per se than others. They both have their strengths and drawbacks. I'd ask in the e40 threads for advice :).

Jul 29, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #6 of 8
BA vs dynamic just depends on how well it's implemented, one is not "better" per se than others. They both have their strengths and drawbacks. I'd ask in the e40 threads for advice :).
I understand will do...i'm currently waiting for massdrop to drop the noble x's again...i finally managed to save up so hopefully it comes soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back