IEM under $50 best suited for rock
Jan 20, 2014 at 8:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

JdmKicks94

Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a pair of iem's that would be best for mainly rock, along with some rap, and r&b. My budget is $50, and my source will be a Nexus 5. The two iem's that I have been looking at are the vsonic vsd1s, and the steelseries flux.

Thanks 

Jan 22, 2014 at 3:06 AM Post #3 of 4
Sennheiser CX300-II ($30 @ Amazon) + Comply T400 foam tips (3 pairs for $15)

Overall, for around $50 total investment, they sound fun and lively. I've heard worse for more money. They are somewhat bassy. Mid bass is strong and punchy. Treble is mellow and smooth. Mids and vocals are good. Good sound signature for rock, pop, hip hop, and R&B.

Jan 22, 2014 at 5:39 AM Post #4 of 4
Sennheiser CX300-II ($30 @ Amazon) + Comply T400 foam tips (3 pairs for $15)

Overall, for around $50 total investment, they sound fun and lively. I've heard worse for more money. They are somewhat bassy. Mid bass is strong and punchy. Treble is mellow and smooth. Mids and vocals are good. Good sound signature for rock, pop, hip hop, and R&B.

Agree with this too. I didn't buy my CX300's myself, just found them in a tablet sleeve my brother gave me and he said I could keep them too (he bought a Westone2 already), but I found it works great with my Android. Easy to drive, strong bass but not too much; could be faster, and imaging is all over the place, but for $30 these things can be overlooked easily. I didn't even get new tips for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back