IEM Under 200
Mar 11, 2016 at 3:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Sonic7381

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys, I've got a pair of etymotic hf3s which are on the fritz(old hf5).I bought them on a whim when they were on sale and sadly many years later they are giving out. I was amazed at the level of detail they showed and they were what really got me into audiophile level gear. I've bought several pairs of over ears, but I never upgraded my in ears because they were still so good. Now that I'm looking for a replacement, my first thought was to go up a level and get the er4 but I would really like to keep the price under 200, and I would like something with a little more base. While I adore the analytical nature of them, and I love how I hear detail I've never heard before in them, I just would like something a little more 'fun' sounding.
So if you have any recommendations for something with good detail in the mids and highs but a little more oomph in the lower end than the etymotics, I would really appreciate it. I've never researched IEMs before so I'm a bit lost and any pointers will help. I'm entirely ok with over the ear style, and if at all possible I would like detachable cables, because I always seem to have cable issues. Thanks in advance, and happy listening.

Mar 11, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #2 of 3
Maybe check out Dunu DN-1000 and Fidue A73. Maybe one of those might work for you. Alternatively, what about an hf5? You liked the hf3's so much, maybe you shouldn't stray too far from home (?). Or should you just bite the bullet and get the er4? Just get it and be done for several years. Just random thoughts here... Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back