IEM to pair with Ipod160
Jul 25, 2008 at 10:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

BigTony

500+ Head-Fier
Well after buying a new headphone amp for my home system, my portable is sounding flat!
I currently use Etymotic ER-6i's, which have been very nice, but not really knocking my socks off. I'd prefer not to have to get a portable amp to add to the collection of 'thing we must carry' but will my 160GB Ipod handle much better IEM's (like the ER-4P's) or do I need to think of a line-out amp for the Ipod.
My music is all lossless.

Cheers

BT

Jul 25, 2008 at 11:03 AM Post #2 of 6
I think that triple.fi's with Classic is not very good idea... i think that sound signture of SE530's compare good with them, for me better than ound signature of TF10...

And if you don't to spend to much money you should try SA6
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 25, 2008 at 11:08 AM Post #3 of 6
Hi
ER4-P's might be just more (but better) of the same you already have with the ER6's. Perhaps s/h Triple-Fi's will give you a fuller sound with more bass which I suspect is what you are seeking and they would be a great compliment to the Ety's which you already own.. Just my thoughts..
Kind regards
Graeme

Jul 25, 2008 at 11:47 AM Post #4 of 6
I agree. Another Ety may not be to your liking. I'd try something from the UE line if you want a little more bass and a more enjoyable listen.

Jul 25, 2008 at 5:00 PM Post #5 of 6
i'm using triple-fis out of an 80gb classic moving from a set of im716's and the warmer sound sig is exactly like what i was looking for, and good chance you will love it too

Jul 25, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #6 of 6
Yes, ER4P is too close to ER6i. Try UM2. They are terrific with an Ipod and would represent a HUGE upgrade in every regard without breaking the bank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back