IEM Tip Usage - How long before you switch yours out?
Aug 1, 2005 at 5:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mrcheese321

New Head-Fier
I just got a pair of Shure e4s and I'm loving them so far.

I'm using the foam tips and was wondering how often you should change them? After using them for about 2 weeks, they are looking kind of deformed and aren't popping out to their original size.

I ordered a set of Etymotic Foam tips to try them out (I'm getting an okay seal with these, but it isn't great), but they won't be here for a while.

Thanks,
c

Aug 1, 2005 at 5:42 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrcheese321
I just got a pair of Shure e4s and I'm loving them so far.

I'm using the foam tips and was wondering how often you should change them? After using them for about 2 weeks, they are looking kind of deformed and aren't popping out to their original size.

I ordered a set of Etymotic Foam tips to try them out (I'm getting an okay seal with these, but it isn't great), but they won't be here for a while.

Thanks,
c

I'm having much better luck with the Ety tips than the Shure ones. You might experiment with trimming them down a little when they arrive, as they are quite a bit longer than the Shure ones. Either way, they seem to seal a lot better for me than the Shure ones.

Aug 1, 2005 at 5:51 PM Post #4 of 7
With my Ety 4Ps I use the tri-flange tips for a long time between replacements (1yr or so). However, I clean the tips ~ once a week or whenever they are dirty. By keeping the tri-flanges clean the inner filter will not get dirty / clogged as easily.

Aug 1, 2005 at 5:54 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by smittysan89
get the ultra soft flex sleeves

I find the soft=flex sleeves to be less comfortable than the foamies. I wear my headphones about 15+ hours a day (8+ hours at work and 8 hours when I sleep) and comfort is the most important thing.

c

Aug 1, 2005 at 6:08 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrcheese321
I find the soft=flex sleeves to be less comfortable than the foamies. I wear my headphones about 15+ hours a day (8+ hours at work and 8 hours when I sleep) and comfort is the most important thing.

c

Wow! 15+hours a day
eek.gif

Do you work and live in a very noisy environment?
blink.gif

Or is it just music addiction?
biggrin.gif

Aug 1, 2005 at 6:19 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by setmenu
Wow! 15+hours a day
eek.gif

Do you work and live in a very noisy environment?
blink.gif

Or is it just music addiction?
biggrin.gif

No, I work in an office with just one other person (I'm a real estate investor) and it is fairly quiet, but I like music a lot and know that my business partner would freak out if I put on the radio or something (he is one of those people who needs quiet to work well). At home, I wear the headphones because the neighbors have a nasty habit of letting their dog out at 6-7am and he barks at anything and everything. I don't start work until 10 am (one of the perks of working for yourself), and I hate being awakend by their dog.

Of course, I am addicted to music too....

c

Users who are viewing this thread

Back