IEM Tip help
Apr 18, 2016 at 1:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

luckyeights

100+ Head-Fier
I have a serious love hate relationship with IEMs.  I just got my new FLC 8s headphones and they sound fantastic.  But i cant keep a seal on these no matter what i do.  Small and medium tips create no seal.  The large tip seals but i can slowly feel it slip out until it breaks the seal, it wont even stay for the length of one song.  Why do they make tips perfectly smooth so they slip out?  why cant they put some ridges around it to give it some grip so it dont slowly push it self out until it breaks the seal.  (if there are none i am going to patent it and make them then)

Any way I am going out of my mind.  All i want to do is listen to some music but instead i am constantly pushing them back in to create a seal. Anyone got some tips or tip recommendations.  Right now i am using JVC spiral dots (large)  These really make these IEMs shine but they wont stay sealed. =( 

Apr 18, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #2 of 2
Hello there , I have been using iem's from @ 1986. personally I prefer a tip made from memory type foam like comply premium tips. but in saying that i do find that they can cut the high end out of  the sound if not all. but for you i would recommend trying them. you just roll them up and let them expand into your ear canal. after you get used to them try buying some from online stores that are the rubber types . when fitting the rubber type pull your ear tip up with your finger and thumb to open your ear canal up for a good fit this will release the vacuum from behind the tip. and also bear in mind that quite often both ears are different sizes. i hope this helps, Regards weeted31

Users who are viewing this thread

Back